1. Awarded IBM Faculty Award 2008 for his project on Fabrication, Characterization and Performance of Thin film Si Photovoltaic (PV) cells.
2. Awaded the INSIC 2008 Distinguished Contribution Award. INSIC (Information Storage Industry Consortium) recognises his contribution to tribology and head-disk interface research for the INSIC EHDR Research Program in advanced hard disk storage technology. He is the only individual to have twice been awarded the INSIC Leadership Award (in 1998 and 2003). Click here for more details.
1. Awarded the Outstanding Researcher Award (Team Award) at NUS University Awards 2005.
2. Received an outstanding achievement award, for a paper, "Regualtion of the Na+/H+ exchanger, NHE-1 gene expression: a new target for the management of tumor cells resistance to anticancer treatment" presented at the 9th World congress on Advances in Oncology and 7th International Symposium on Molecular Medicine. Paper was selected out of 429 papers presented.
1. Outstanding NUS Innovator & Enterprise Award (2012).
2. Provost Term Chair Professorship (Jul 2009-Jun 2012).
3. Faculty of Science (NUS) “Outstanding Scientist Award” (2008).
4. National University of Singapore “Outstanding Researcher Award” (2001).
5. Far Eastern Economic Review Innovations Award (2000).
6. National Science and Technology Award (1995)
7. 1995: National Science & Technology Award, Singapore ("Outstanding Contribution to Genetic Engineering”).
8. 2000: Far Eastern Economic Review (FEER) Innovations Award.
9. 2005: Published impactful research findings in EMBO J.
10. 2006: Published impactful research findings in PNAS.
11. 2007: Published research findings in EMBO J and Nature Immunology.
12. 2009: Co-author for the research article "Local Inflammation Induces Complement Crosstalk Which Amplifies the Antimicrobial Response" which is published in PLOS Pathogens Journal in January 2009.
13. 2009: NUS Faculty of Science Provost's Chair Professorship from 1 Jul 2010 to 30 Jun 2013.
1. Invited as Visiting Professor at National Institute of Informatics (NII), Japan (2008).
2. Elected as Visiting Fellow at Kellogg College, Oxford University, UK (2006).
3. Won Young Researcher Award, NUS University Awards (2004).
2009: NUS Faculty of Science Provost's Chair Professorship from 1 Jul 2010 to 30 Jun 2013.
Outstanding Educator Award for the effort to transform learning through new technologies and collaborative ground-up approaches, NUS University Awards (2018)
Awarded the Young Researcher Award at NUS University Awards 2011.
1. Lifetime Achievement Award received from Singapore Neuroscience Association (SNA) on 17 April 2014.
2. University Awards 2012 - Outstanding Researcher Award.
3. National Day Award 2010 - Public Administration Medal (Silver).
4. Ranked number 1 in Free Radical Research's citation.
5. Paper " Does supplemental vitamin C increase cardiovascular disease risk in women with diabetes?" (Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 80: 1194-1200; Nov 2004) jointly with University of Iowa, research partly supported by BMRC was selected by NIH as one of the 25 "Significant Advances in Dietary Supplement Research" for 2004 (available here) covered in Netwatch (Science Nov 4 2005,p753).
1. Awarded the NUS Annual Teaching Excellence Awards 2007/2008.
2. Appointed as Deputy Editor-in-Chief of IFAC Mechatronics Journal from 1 Oct 2008.
3. Best Paper Award in Automation in IEEE ICMA 2009.
4. The ASCC 2009 Best Application Paper Award for "Design and Implementation of Robust Automatic Flight Control System for a Small-Scale UAV Helicopter".
5. Prof Lee is invited by POSTECH (a new Korean university established in 1986 dedicated to Science and Technology) to take up a Korean equivalent of Temasek Professorship. He will spend 2 months each year (for the next 3 years) to help them establish a world-class programme in “Precision Control”.
Click here to read his research seminar on "Direct Adaptive NN Control of MIMO Nonlinear Discrete-Time Systems using Discrete Nussbaum Gain".
1. Winner, IDTechEx Launchpad, Berlin, Germany, 2017.
2. NUSS Professor, 2017 - present.
3. International Precision Medicine Conference (IPMC) Prize 2017.
4. Winner, Modern Aging Singapore 2016.
ASEAN Outstanding Engineering Achievement Award 2016.
6. Elected Fellow, International Academy of Medical and Biological Engineering, 2016 – present.
7. JT Award, TechPlanter Singapore, 2016.
8. IES Prestigious Engineering Achievement Award, 2016.
10. Elected Fellow, American Institute for Medical and Biological Engineering, USA, 2016 - present.
11. Elected Fellow, Academy of Engineering, Singapore, 2015 - present.
12. Elected Council Member, World Council of Biomechanics, 2010 - present
13. Vladimir K. Zworykin Award, International Federation for Medical Physics and Biomedical Engineering, 2015
14. TIE50 Award, TIEcon 2014.
15. APSselect Paper (American Journal of Physiology – Cell Physiology), April 2014.
16. Students’ Design Gold Award, Biomedical Engineering Society, Singapore – 8th Scientific Meeting 2014.
17. Outstanding Researcher Award, NUS University Awards, 2014.
18. Outstanding Innovator Award, NUS Innovation and Enterprise Awards 2014.
19. Singapore Business Review Hottest Startup to Watch in 2014.
20. TechVenture Most Disruptive Technology Award 2012.
21. Gold, Wall Street Journal Asian Innovation Award 2012.
22. Credit Suisse Technopreneur of the Year Award 2012.
23. Wall Street Journal Asian Innovation Audience’s Choice Award 2012.
24. First Prize, Asian Entrepreneurship Award 2012.
25. InnovFest Promising Startup Award 2012.
26. HFSP Collaborative Research Grant Award 2012.
27. NGS Excellent Mentoring Award 2011/2012.
28. NUS Faculty of Engineering Research Award 2011.
29. President's Technology Award 2011.
30. IES Prestigious Engineering Achievement Award, 2010.
1. Best Paper Award, 2011 Conference on Empirical Methods in Natural Language Processing (EMNLP 2011).
2. Elected as a member of the Executive Committee of the Association for Computational Linguistics (2008 – 2010).
3. Appointed as Editor-in-Chief of the ACM Transactions on Asian Language Information Processing in May 2007 and re-appointed in April 2010 for a second term.
4. Recipient of the Singapore Defence Technology Prize (Team R&D Award) in 2007.
1. Conferred a Fellow of the International Academy for Production Engineering on 25th August 2012. She is the 4th female in the world and the 1st in Asia to receive the award.
2. Awarded the 2009 Emerging Leaders Award in Academia for demonstrated leadership in academia, groundbreaking research in manufacturing engineering by the US Society for Women Engineers on 16 October 2009.
1. IEEE Fellow, 2017.
2. National Research Foundation Returning Singaporean Scientist Award, 2016.
3. IEEE Senior Member, 2015.
4. ACM Distinguished Scientist, 2011.
5. MICRO Hall of Fame Award, 2011.
6. Princeton Engineering Council Excellence in Teaching Award, 2007.
7. Inclusion in "Princeton Engineering Commendation List for Outstanding Teaching", 2007.
8. Computing Research Association CRA-W Anita Borg Early Career Award, 2007.
9. Alfred P. Sloan Foundation Research Fellow, 2006.
10. Princeton University E. Lawrence Keys/Emerson Electric Co. Faculty Advancement Award, 2004.
11. National Science Foundation CAREER Award, 2003.
12. Princeton University Research Board Award, 2003.
1. Awarded the NUS Young Researcher Award in 2009.
(Source: Nature, Vol 427, 29 January 2004).
3. Ex-Yale don to pioneer lipids work here
(Source: The Straits Times, February 10, 2004).